Who Will Get Benefit?
- Anyone who wants to change a habit and connect with their maximum potential
- Clinicians, Therapists and Counselors
- Yoga Teachers and Enthusiasts
- Meditation Enthusiasts
Do You Know?
- Practicing yoga can increase oxytocin levels, helping to decrease cravings for any addictive substance or behavior?
- Practicing yoga can activate the part of your brain that helps you make executive decisions, overriding your impulses? Yoga can help you relax and fall asleep more easily?
- Yoga activates the vagus nerve, which translates into you feeling calmer and happier?
- Kundalini Yoga helps you integrate the left and right hemispheres of your brain, so you can easily lead with your intuition and follow through with a strategy and plan?
The Beyond Addiction program is designed for individuals seeking to develop healthy habits and overcome addictive behavior, for health professionals who work with addiction and for certified Kundalini Yoga teachers who would like to teach a yoga-based addiction recovery program. No prior teacher training or yoga experience is required.
The program consists of 16 modules, taught over four months, which include weekly themes, Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, group support, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field.