Who will benefit from Beyond Addiction training?
- Anyone who wants to change a habit and connect with their maximum potential
- Clinicians, Therapists and Counselors
- Yoga Teachers and Enthusiasts
- Meditation Enthusiasts
No yoga experience required, just a desire to change!
CEUs Available: 64 hours
For members of the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy
and Mental Health Counseling
Did You Know that…
- Practicing yoga can increase oxytocin levels, helping to decrease cravings for any addictive substance or behavior?
- Practicing yoga can activate the part of your brain that helps you make executive decisions, overriding your impulses?
- Yoga can help you relax and fall asleep more easily?
- Yoga activates the vagus nerve, which translates into you feeling calmer and happier?
- Kundalini Yoga helps you integrate the left and right hemispheres of your brain, so you can easily lead with your intuition and follow through with a strategy and plan?
The Beyond Addiction program is designed for individuals seeking to develop healthy habits and overcome addictive behavior, for health professionals who work with addiction and for certified Kundalini Yoga teachers who would like to teach a yoga-based addiction recovery program. No prior teacher training or yoga experience is required.
The program consists of 16 modules, taught over four months, which include weekly themes, Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, group support, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field.
Module One: I am a Spiritual Being Having a Human Experience.
Module Two: I Live by My Values and Develop My Virtues.
Module Three: I Practice a Yogic Lifestyle to Free Me from My Past and Access Wisdom.
Module Four: Act, Don’t React: I Take Control Over My Reactions to People and Events. I Gracefully Receive the Energy of the Divine Floating Around Me.
Module Five: Happiness is My Birthright. I Clear My Subconscious to Become Neutral. Through Commitment, Discipline and the Power to Sacrifice, I Achieve Happiness.
Module Six: I Communicate from My True Self
Module Seven: I Create My Habits; My Habits Create Me. I Promote Habits that Serve My Divinity
Module Eight: I Choose Dharma Over Karma.
Module Nine: I Replace Addiction with Reliance on the Self (God Within). I Compassionately Re-parent Myself.
Module Ten: In Shifting My Perspective on the Past, I Embrace the Present and Future
Module Eleven: I Change My Attitude into a State of Gratitude. I am a Liberated Being.
Module Twelve: I Am Responsible and Accountable to MySelf, I am Responsible and Accountable to Others
Module Thirteen: I Forgive Myself and Those Who Have Hurt Me; I Acknowledge My Errors in Hurting Others
Module Fourteen: I am Born with a Mission and a Magnitude. I Co-Create My Future with God
Module Fifteen: As I Keep Up, I’ll Be Kept Up
Module Sixteen: In Serving Others I Serve MySelf and God.
Beyond Addiction Teachers
Beyond Addictions will be offered this fall at Yoga Village’s main studios, 2760 Daniel Street in Clearwater, FL, on the following four weekends for a total of eight days, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm each day:
Program on Hold due to Covid-19
New Dates coming soon
- a specific theme for each class
- written material expanding upon that theme
- individual exercises to explore and integrate the written material
- videos of Dr. Gabor Maté addressing the module theme and speaking to individual course participants about common issues in recovery
- access to practice videos taught by Sat Dharam Kaur ND consisting of a pranayam (breathing exercise), kriya (yoga set) and meditation which reinforce the module’s theme experientially
- a home practice schedule and tracking sheet
- specific dietary and nutritional recommendations for recovery
- self-assessment and research tools for each module
- Weekly support group to integrate material.
Option A – Pay in Full
$1,680 ($150 Savings) with Early Registration new dates coming soon. Full Price of $1,830.
Option B – Start an Early Registration
Payment plan extended to November 12th ($150 Savings) with five auto-payments of $336, new dates coming soon auto-payments become $366 for a total of $1,830
Option C – Three payment plan
$610 for each of three auto-payments for a total of $1,830
Option D – Four payment plan
$457.50 for each of four auto-payments for a total of $1,830
Prices for Returning Participants
Option E – Pay in Full
$1,155 ($75 Savings) with Early Registration new dates coming soon. Full Price of $1,230.
Option F Start an Early Registration
Payment plan ($75 Savings) early sign up with three auto-payments of $385, after new date auto-payments become $420 for a total of $1,230