Beyond Addiction: Kundalini Yoga Based Training For Personal Development
Who will benefit from Beyond Addiction training?
- Anyone who wants to change a habit and connect with their maximum potential
- Clinicians , Therapists and Counselors
- Yoga Teachers and Enthusiasts
- Meditation Enthusiasts
- No yoga experience required, just a desire to change!
Did You Know that…
- Practicing yoga can increase oxytocin levels, helping to decrease cravings for any addictive substance or behavior?
- Practicing yoga can activate the part of your brain that helps you make executive decisions, overriding your impulses?
- Yoga can help you relax and fall asleep more easily?
- Yoga activates the vagus nerve, which translates into you feeling calmer and happier?
- Kundalini Yoga helps you integrate the left and right hemispheres of your brain, so you can easily lead with your intuition and follow through with a strategy and plan?
The Beyond Addiction program is designed for individuals seeking to develop healthy habits and overcome addictive behavior, for health professionals who work with addiction and for certified Kundalini Yoga teachers who would like to teach a yoga-based addiction recovery program. No prior teacher training or yoga experience is required.
The program consists of 16 modules, taught over four months, which include weekly themes, Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, group support, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field. The modules are as follows, with more details about each one here:
Module One: I am a Spiritual Being Having a Human Experience.
Module Two: I Live by My Values and Develop My Virtues.
Module Three: I Practice a Yogic Lifestyle to Free Me from My Past and Access Wisdom.
Module Four: Act, Don’t React: I Take Control Over My Reactions to People and Events. I Gracefully Receive the Energy of the Divine Floating Around Me.
Module Five: Happiness is My Birthright. I Clear My Subconscious to Become Neutral. Through Commitment, Discipline and the Power to Sacrifice, I Achieve Happiness.
Module Six: I Communicate from My True Self
Module Seven: I Create My Habits; My Habits Create Me. I Promote Habits that Serve My Divinity
Module Eight: I Choose Dharma Over Karma.
Module Nine: I Replace Addiction with Reliance on the Self (God Within). I Compassionately Re-parent Myself.
Module Ten: In Shifting My Perspective on the Past, I Embrace the Present and Future
Module Eleven: I Change My Attitude into a State of Gratitude. I am a Liberated Being.
Module Twelve: I Am Responsible and Accountable to MySelf, I am Responsible and Accountable to Others
Module Thirteen: I Forgive Myself and Those Who Have Hurt Me; I Acknowledge My Errors in Hurting Others
Module Fourteen: I am Born with a Mission and a Magnitude. I Co-Create My Future with God
Module Fifteen: As I Keep Up, I’ll Be Kept Up Module Sixteen: In Serving Others I Serve MySelf and God.
Dates and Times
Beyond Addictions will be offered this fall at Yoga Village’s main studios, 2760 Daniel Street in Clearwater, FL, on the following three weekends for a total of nine days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm each day:
Beyond Addiction Teachers:
Sat Kaur Khalsa will be leading the weekends in September and December. She is a Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher and Professional Trainer. Regularly teaching classes of 50+ students has developed Sat Kaur’s capacity to “hold a space”, creating a strong container for your self-reflection and self-discovery. She is honoured to support you in integrating these teachings in a safe and nurturing environment. Having first experienced Kundalini Yoga 20 years ago in Toronto, Ontario, Sat Kaur has been deeply committed to a yogic lifestyle ever since. She happily home schools two teenage sons in British Columbia, where she has been living and developing community for 13 years.
1) a specific theme for each class
2) written material expanding upon that theme
3) individual exercises to explore and integrate the written material
4) videos of Dr. Gabor Maté addressing the module theme and speaking to individual course participants about common issues in recovery
5) access to practice videos taught by Sat Dharam Kaur ND consisting of a pranayam (breathing exercise), kriya (yoga set) and meditation which reinforce the module’s theme experientially
6) a home practice schedule and tracking sheet
7) specific dietary and nutritional recommendations for recovery
8) self-assessment and research tools for each module
9) Weekly support group to integrate material
Prices for First Time Participants:
Option A: Pay in Full $1,680 ($150 Savings) with Early Registration by September 1st. Full Price of $1,830 starting September 2nd.
Option B: Start an Early Registration payment plan by July 1st ($150 Savings) with five auto-payments of $336, after July 1st auto-payments become $366 for a total of $1,830
Option C: Three payment plan: $610 for each of three auto-payments for a total of $1,830
Option D: Four payment plan: $457.50 for each of four auto-payments for a total of $1,830
Prices for Returning Participants:
Option E: Pay in Full $1,155 ($75 Savings) with Early Registration by September 1st. Full Price of $1,230 starting September 2nd.
Option F: Start an Early Registration payment plan by July 1st ($75 Savings) with three auto-payments of $385, after July 1st auto-payments become $420 for a total of $1,230
“This program can truly shift addictive behaviour – but nothing will work if you are not willing to work – so a willingness to shift and Sat Dharam’s program is a life changing combination. Sat Dharam really hears each one of us. She goes deep – way beyond the surface – in a way the others don’t – she really understands.” – AD
“You need to be ready and willing to look in your closet. Great preparation to doing your fourth step!” – HS “This course will increase your knowledge and show you ‘how to run your life'” – AN
“Awesome experience. Terrific skill building program including leadership skills.” – RS
“I want you to know that I am having the most magnificent experience in my life… I want to tell you all about it and the transformation I have made and the joy and hope I’m experiencing. Most important, I want to express my gratitude to you for being who you are, developing this program, working with me, and allowing me to find my way. It’s working beautifully. Working daily has been amazing.” – RR
“This course has made me feel alive again, strengthened my life force, as well as strengthening my mind. It has given me practical tools to help me live my life consciously, living in accordance with my Dharma.” – JM