Beginner Yoga Classes At A Yoga Village
Congratulations on your decision to practice yoga for the first time! We invite you to come and sample as many classes as you’d like for 30 days with our Explore the Village pass. Coming to a yoga class for the first time is exciting, and maybe even a little daunting, so here are a few tips to help you feel more comfortable as a new student here at Yoga Village.
- Bring a yoga mat. If you don’t have one, you can rent one for a small fee when you get here.
- Come on a fairly empty stomach. Eating a light meal at least 2 hours before class will give you energy without making you feel too full.
- Water is a must! Yoga releases toxins and makes us sweat. Be sure to drink water during and after class.
- Come early. Give yourself some time to look around, check out our flyers, use the restroom, refill your water bottle and settle into the space.
- Set your mat in the classroom in a spot that feels comfortable. If you’re not sure which way the mats should go, just ask the teacher.
- Let the teacher know you are new to yoga and that you might need some direction on a particular posture.
- Wear comfortable clothes – a pair of stretchy pants and a t-shirt will work fine. Bare feet are best at gripping the mat so no need for socks.
- No perfume please. We don’t mind body odors!
- You are welcome here, no matter where you are on your yoga journey.
Classes for Beginners:
The classes listed below are perfect for those just starting a yoga practice because the postures are gentle and can easily be adapted for different abilities. Download and fill out the First-Time Student Form before you get here to save you some time checking in.
- Intro to Yoga———–
- Gentle Amrit———–