"Thank you for taking time for you today" is a frequent remark my yoga instructor makes. Giving yourself the gift of a yoga practice is an act of love. Yoga impacts each yogi in an individual way, but there are also many universal benefits.
1. Blood Pressure- Increased circulation and oxygenation of the body through a consistent yoga practice decreases blood pressure.
2. Core Strength- Many athletes practice yoga for cross training because a strong core helps to reduce and heal injury. A strong core provides better posture and overall body strength.
3. Concentration- Research has shown that in as little as 8 weeks yoga can result in improved concentration and increased motivation.
4. Vitamin C- Yoga practice has frequently been associated with a stronger immune system. Several aspects of body chemistry such as levels of vitamin C in your body are affected by yoga. Vitamin C helps boost immunity, produce collagen and is a powerful antioxidant.
5. Breathing- Breathing is more natural and controlled during yoga and provides more oxygen-rich air for your body, increasing energy and decreasing fatigue.
How does your yoga practice benefit you? Share your comments below.