2020 – 2021 Kundalini Teacher Training
Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan® is a 220-hour professional certification course that teaches the theory, practice and basic skills of Kundalini Yoga for students who want to deepen their practice and/or become a KRI-Certified Kundalini Yoga teacher. It is a transformational course that gives incredible insights about the self, offering students deep, personal growth opportunities. This 10-weekend interactive study program includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and 40-hours of independent study that encompasses reading, attending regular Kundalini classes and morning sadhanas, a 40-day yoga and meditation practice, two practicums, and one day of White Tantric Yoga. Over this nine-month Level One course, students will learn and experience six principle components:
- Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan®: The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayam (breathing techniques).
- Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher – The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
- Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy: Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
- Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain: The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
- The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master: Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
- The Practicum: Teaching from Day One: Practical experience instructing at least one yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
The Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Team: (changes are possible)
|Sunder Kaur, Lead Trainer (E-RYT 500) was introduced to a yogic life in 1997 when she started a regular meditation practice. A video introduced her to the teachings of Yogi Bhajan and she has pursued her passion for them ever since. With her degree in Pharmacy, Sunder is able to incorporate a scientific understanding of the body into her practice and teaching. She is a founder of Yoga Village, and is creating her vision for a yoga studio that is also a community center where spirit can grow. Sunder lives in Pinellas County with her two sons, George and Greg.|
|Updesh Kaur, Lead Trainer became a certified Level One Kundalini Yoga Instructor in 2001. She worked with the Aquarian Trainer Academy, an arm of the Kundalini Research Institute, as a course administrator to provide oversight in the delivery of the first Level 1 Teacher Training in Clearwater, FL in 2007. She holds a Business Management degree and spent years in corporate management and training. Updesh became a member of the Aquarian Trainer Academy in 2008 and joined the KRI Professional Development Committee where she has worked to create best practices and courses for developing Trainers. As part of a KRI Trainer Team, she has delivered courses to other Trainers in the Academy. She currently continues her to efforts towards achieving her Level Three Teacher status.|
|Dev Suroop Kaur, Lead Trainer, has immersed herself in Kundalini Yoga and the sound current since 1983, recording transformational music and becoming a KRICertified Kundalini Yoga Lead Teacher Trainer. Yogi Bhajan recognized the penetrating and healing power of her voice and directly trained her in Naad Yoga techniques, to more deeply access the power and depth of her voice and teach that to others. He also guided her as a business executive, always demanding that she settle for nothing less than excellence. This direct training in her professional and music endeavors has endured in a more subtle, yet even more powerful, way since that time. She currently lives with her husband in Espanola, New Mexico and, in addition to her teaching and music activities, works to maintain a peaceful mind as a business executive.|
Dates and Times
2020-2021 Kundalini Teacher Training, Saturday and Sunday 9:00am to 6:30pm.
- September 26 & 27
- October 17 & 18
- November 14 & 15
- December 5 & 6
- January 9 & 10, 2021
- January 30 & 31
- February 13 & 14
- March 6 & 7
- March 27 & 28
- April 24 & 25
- May 15 & 16
Tuition and Payment Options:
Option A: Pay in Full by 6/26/20 : Pay in full by 6/26/20 for our best tuition value of $2,975! $500 SAVINGS Pay in full starting 6/27/20 for a total of $3,175 (must be paid by first training date)
Option B: Pay by 8/26/20 : Payment in Full $3,175 if registered on or before 8/26/20 $300 SAVINGS Deposit of $575 required at sign-up with a final payment of $2,600 at the start of the course.
Option C: Deposit with 8-month payment plan Register before 8/26/20 Payment in Full $3,175 Deposit of $575 required at sign-up with 8-month payment plan ($325/month) Register after 8/26/20 Payment in Full $3,475 Deposit of $575 required at sign-up with 8-month payment plan ($362.50/month)
- 180 hours of classroom instruction
- Access to online class archives
- 450-page text, the most complete work ever assembled on Kundalini Yoga
- “Masters Touch,” a volume of 22 lectures from teacher training programs taught by Yogi Bhajan
- A workbook of kriyas and meditations
- A binder for notes and handouts
- Unlimited Yoga classes at Yoga Village ($712 value)
- Lunch each training day
- Membership for one year in the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association ($78 value)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
A Yoga Village reserves the right to limit class size and individual enrollment based on a pre-registration interview, and at our sole discretion. Tuition fees paid are non-refundable. Yoga Village may consider a partial refund or credit in very special cases. Refund of $2,000 if withdrawn before August 28, 2019. Refund of $1,000 if withdrawn by October 20, 2019. No refunds after the second weekend and you are responsible for payment in full. No other refunds will be considered as this is a tuition based program.
|“The Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training literally saved my life. Before I signed up, I was falling apart physically and was having trouble breathing. Now I practice conscious breathing every day and I don’t see the doctor anymore. I am totally healthy in all three areas – spiritually, physically and emotionally. I have changed my lifestyle, I’m eating better.”|
|“The Teacher Training has been a transformative experience for me. I’ve learned so much about myself and what I have to give to others. I’m ready to “be a lighthouse!”|